Tuesday 9 October 2012

Lilac Wine

First tutorial. Hurrah!

So I thought for my first one I would do something simple and attempt to jazz up place cards.
At most weddings place cards are a necessity. But it's important to get them right; even though they are small, they speak volumes about the kind of wedding the guests are attending.

So! who needs just a bit of card folded in half? prop up your individual name cards with corks from wine bottles


Yes you have to make upwards of 50 and yes you would have to drink a fair amount of wine, but if you have a year until your big day, you have a year to collect corks. And you can get your friends involved! You could even get your local pub involved!

Each one is just two corks glued together at the bottom of the cork (below). You can do this with a hot glue gun. If you don't have one I would suggest that you either buy one because they're brilliant! Or use a strong, fast-drying glue, (I don't think PVA will cut it).


Stick them together and use the table to level your corks, no one wants a wonkey place card.


I then tied a piece of string around them to hold them together a bit better, plus I think it's slightly English Country. But you could use ribbon or coloured thread if you fancied.


Then simply slot your choice of place card in the top!


Done!
If you're a couple who like a tipple this is a must!

You could even push the boat out slightly and collect Champagne corks!.. OK Cava But it still looks great.

All I did here was cut a slit in the cork and glue the card in.



No comments:

Post a Comment