Tuesday 13 November 2012

Cakes in Jars


I saw these floating around the internet for a while and thought they were a lovely idea, simple but really sweet and different. I decided it was about time I gave it a go, so after watching a few tutorials on youtube, (literally just typed in 'cake in a jar'), I decided I was brave enough to attempt  a rainbow cake in a jar. While making them I got in a huge mess and thought that they would probably end up looking ridiculous. But when I got them out the oven and piped on some icing I was pretty pleased with the result.

While scoffing one of my cakes it struck me that they would make great wedding favors; you could make them in your favorite flavors or in colours to match your theme (if you had one), decorate the jars themselves and I think all of your guests would be pretty pleased with one of them sitting in front of them. It also solves the issue of deciding whether or not you want to serve the cake to your guests during your wedding breakfast or evening reception or send them away with a piece, a la kid's birthday parties. It's up to the guests when they want to gobble them, and the fact that they're in a jar keeps them fresh for longer than normal cupcakes. You could have a wedding cake as well if you wanted because, well, cake is great.

They're something you could do yourself or there are companies around that will do them for you. (That seems like a pretty ideal jobs to me, baking cakes all day. A girl can dream eh?)


No comments:

Post a Comment